Get more from Google Analytics with our easy-to-follow guide
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Last updated: August 2012
- Format: 24,000 word, 96 page A4 page PDF Ebook with examples and checklists
About our Google Analytics Guide
There are many books on Google Analytics, most of which do a good job of explaining setup and where to find the different features and reports. Our guide also steps you through the setup stages, but focuses on how you use Google Analytics to get better business results – the missing link in most books and the Google documentation.
Our guide is designed to help companies, consultants and agencies review how they setup Google Analytics and then apply it to get better results.
This guide features:
- A 10 step review of Google Analytics setup an customisation
- Guidance on the features which many companies fail to use
- Advice on the reports and measures that REALLY matter
- Recommendations on how to use Google Analytics to increase visits and conversion
- All examples covers the latest new 2012 (version 5) Google Analytics
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
What does the Ebook include?
The 7 steps covered are:
- Step 1. Setup and customisation
- Step 2. Marketing Campaign tracking
- Step 3. Working with reports to find opportunities and problems
- Step 4. Understanding your visitors
- Step 5. Improving reach
- Step 6. Improving journeys and site engagement
- Step 7. Improving conversion to lead and sale
What our members say about the Using Google Analytics To Improve Online Marketing
Smart Insights has helped us take the right decision on a variety of occasions and we actively use its content to justify our marketing initiatives and spend.
Joao da Costa, Marketing Officer at Southbank International School
We are at the early stages of our digital marketing journey, Smart Insights templates and tutorials help us check and learn as we go.
Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager
Smart Insights is one of the best digital 'tools' on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates