The manufacturing industry is moving towards increased use of technology and automation, but manufacturing marketing is not on the same level yet.
- Digital transformation brings so many opportunities for manufacturing marketers and others.
- However, in order to benefit from this development, manufacturing marketing and comms strategists must apply an integrated approach to managing digital channels and experiences within their wider marketing strategies.
- Digital experience is a huge part of most manufacturing purchasers' decisions. This means that it is vital for technology marketers to identify and optimize their most successful digital customer journeys.
Creating a digital marketing plan for manufacturing
- Our research has found that 47% of organizations don't have a defined digital marketing strategy, despite the fact they are doing digital marketing. This kind of ad-hoc approach to marketing will mean you aren't delivering the best results or ROI, while also failing to implement checks for compliance.
- It can also mean that your activity isn't integrated, with each channel working in a silo. Ultimately, this can result in mixed messaging, different tones of voice, and a failure to reach your customers at the right time and on the right channel.
- This means that it is vital for manufacturing companies to have an omnichannel marketing strategy in place to help engage audiences and improve brand performance.
- See our 10 reasons why you need a digital marketing strategy for more help with getting buy-in for digital marketing.
Recent articles on Digital Marketing for manufacturing