Managing SEO playbook
A top-level review for managers to assess their use of the SEO factors for success in their organization
How will the playbook help me and my business?
This guide is for marketing and digital marketing managers who need to manage Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), either through agencies, consultants or company specialists or through their own efforts.
Our members asked for a short 'fast-start' checklist of all the factors for SEO success businesses MUST get right. This helps give the top-level view with a simple list of factors to consider.
What does the managing SEO checklist cover?
Our checklist features:
- The 25 most important ranking factors for managing SEO with a short description of each
- The success factors are grouped in the 7 steps of our 7 Steps to SEO success guide
- Links to the latest analysis in Smart Insights blog articles
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Format: A checklist of 25 factors to manage for better results from SEO
- Related guide: Use this high-level summary of best practices alongside our more in-depth SEO strategy audit spreadsheet and or 7 Steps to SEO success – a comprehensive 150+ page guide simply explaining SEO examples and best practices.
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
This audit checklist and health check was developed by Smart Insights co-founder and content director Dave Chaffey who first started helping businesses improve their SEO in 1998 and continues to advise businesses on SEO today through consulting and training. Dave has helped many companies improve their SEO from small businesses looking to improve their rankings in one country to international businesses looking to maximise their digital footprint in hundreds of markets.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Access this resource now
Individual and Business members get full access to this and 7 other guides in the Search engine optimisation (SEO) Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?