Review indexing of images to improve ranking
Learn how to review your images within the index and optimize them for improved ranking
The growing impact of image-based networks such as Pinterest and Instagram (owned by Facebook) demonstrates a clear shift from earlier, mostly text-based, digital experiences. Google has followed this trend by surfacing image-based content more within the search engine results pages (SERPs)
It’s important to understand the best practices for gaining visibility for your images within the SERPs, particularly in sectors where searchers engage with visuals.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- Reviewing and auditing images on your site
- Why optimizing images is important
- Auditing images
- Choosing the right image formats, size, and dimensions
- Improving the visibility of your images in Google
- Image attributes
- Applying relevant alt-text
- Properly loading images on your pages
- Image search performance reporting
- The future is image search
- Audit the images on your site for file size and alt tags
- Effectively optimize images on your site
This module is in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Learning PathView Learning Path
Individual members get full access to this and 4 other Learning Paths.Learn more about Individual membership Already an Individual or Business member?