Develop and implement a sitemap
Learn how sitemaps are used by Google and how to implement and optimize sitemaps for your site
Sitemaps tell search engines about the content available for indexing and list content web addresses. Specialist content type sitemaps can also be used for audio, video, and image.
In this module, we explain the what, why and how of sitemaps suggesting tools for creating them and ensuring Google can use them.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- What is the purpose of a sitemap?
- Why are sitemaps important?
- Advantages and restrictions of sitemaps
- Create a sitemap
- Uploading an XML sitemap to Google
- Using Google Search Console to review your sitemap
- Explain the concept and value of sitemaps
- Implement and optimize sitemaps for your site
This module is in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Learning PathView Learning Path
Individual members get full access to this and 4 other Learning Paths.Learn more about Individual membership Already an Individual or Business member?