Template white labelling briefing for agencies and consultants
A guide recommending templates to amend when delivering marketing services
How will this briefing help me and my business?
Editable document, spreadsheet, and presentation templates are amongst the most popular Smart Insights premium member resources. They are particularly useful for agencies and consultants since, with a Smart Insights Business membership, they can be white labelled or amended for use with your logo and recommendations for presenting to clients. They are also often used in-house for amending or creating strategies and action plans within a company’s own business.
These editable templates are downloadable as Word, Excel or PowerPoint files which can also be imported into Google Documents equivalents. They have been designed to help members rapidly create audits and plans for many marketing activities with the emphasis on digital marketing. Activities covered include creating marketing strategies and plans through to auditing the use of digital marketing channels and applying best practices to optimize results.
Unlike many blank templates provided online, we also provide examples to help members quickly understand how to apply them. These example plans are also recommended.
We have created this briefing in response to requests from our agency and consultant members to summarize how different templates can be used in different situations when delivering marketing services to clients.
Who is this briefing for?
This short briefing is created for anyone who is seeking to review how Smart Insights templates can best be applied to an agency or consultancy. Typical roles include:
- Agency Owner
- Business Development Manager
- Client account directors and managers
- Specialists responsible for marketing channels such as search, social, and email marketing
This briefing will also be useful for client-side marketers looking to review the ‘use-cases’ for applying our templates to improve results from marketing activities.
How is this briefing structured?
Smart Insights resources are grouped into toolkits to make it easy to find templates for using on different types of projects and activities. This briefing groups different toolkits which may be useful for these activities:
- Marketing strategy and planning: These cover different types of plans including marketing strategy, digital marketing strategy, digital transformation, and marketing campaign planning.
- Budgeting and forecasting: Creating estimates of demand and quantifying the opportunity for using digital marketing to deliver more leads and sales to set expectations and forecast ROI.
- Creating plans and optimizing marketing in vertical sectors and industries: Recommends resources covering different sectors which clients may offer services including B2B, consumer brands, startup and SMB, e-commerce, retail, travel, financial services, and charity sectors.
- Planning and optimizing digital channels: Summarizes templates from marketing channels such as organic and paid search, content marketing, email marketing, marketing automation, and managing digital channels.
- Author: Dr Dave Chaffey
- Format: Online guide
About the author
Dave is co-founder of Smart Insights and content director of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100+ templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ digital marketing experts. Our resources used by our members in more than 100 countries to Plan, Manage and Optimize their digital marketing.
For my full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.