Smarter Instagram marketing guide
A practical guide to using Instagram to drive engagement and sales
About this guide
Our Smarter Instagram marketing guide will help you tap into the consumer activity on Instagram to use it to grow your business with advice on planning, setup, campaign examples and campaign evaluation.
- An introduction to marketing with Instagram
- Step 1: Plan - Developing an Instagram strategy
- Step 2: Reach - Growing your audience through Instagram
- Step 3: Act - Encouraging audience interaction with Instagram
- Step 4: Convert - Turning interaction into leads and sales
- Step 5: Engage - Keeping your audience active
- Step 6: Resources. Links to tools and a jargon guide
Tap into the growth of the fastest growing social network
The growth in Instagram is clear, but you may not know where to start or how to optimize your existing use of Instagram. That’s where our regularly updated Instagram guide can help, by explaining best practices.
Since it was acquired by Facebook, Instagram has become the fastest-growing platform of the main social networks. This gives us marketers great opportunities to engage audiences. Here at Smart Insights, we’ve started using Instagram too. You can tap into an audience of 700 million users with our highly actionable guide.
How this guide will help YOU and your business
Our Smarter Instagram marketing guide will help you tap into the consumer activity on Instagram to use it to grow your business with advice on:
- Creating a plan. How to use Instagram to for integrated communications to support customer acquisition and retention.
- Instagram Setup. Explains what to watch for when setting up or revitalising your account.
- Instagram campaign examples. Packed with examples from well-known brands to smaller businesses showing how Instagram can be used.
- Campaign evaluation. Tools and KPIs to measure Instagram effectiveness.
About the author
Rhian Harris (was Simms) is an online marketing all-rounder and guest blogger for Smart Insights. With over 8 years of experience of all digital media and ecommerce from utilities, travel, charity and retail sectors, Rhian is now a digital marketing consultant working with businesses to deliver and optimise their performance on any aspect of their strategy. IDM qualified, Rhian also contributes to the Econsultancy blog and other expert websites as well as her own business, Consult&C Digital. You can connect with Rhian on LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
What does the Instagram guide cover?
This guide is in 7 sections to help you create a plan and generate ideas for using Instagram:
- ONE. An introduction to marketing with Instagram.
- TWO. Plan: Developing an Instagram strategy.
- THREE. Reach: Growing your audience through Instagram.
- FOUR. Act: Encouraging audience interaction with Instagram.
- FIVE. Convert: Turning interaction into leads and sales.
- SIX. Engage: Keeping your audience active.
- SEVEN. Resources. Links to tools and a jargon guide.
Related guides: We have guides covering best practices for all the main social networks and social media strategy.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 14 other guides in the Social media marketing Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside