Smarter Instagram marketing guide
A practical guide to using Instagram to drive engagement and sales
How will this guide help me and my business?
The growth in Instagram is clear, but you may not know where to start or how to optimize your existing use of Instagram. Since it was acquired by Facebook, Instagram has become the fastest-growing platform of the main social networks. This gives us marketers great opportunities to engage audiences.
Our Smarter Instagram marketing guide will help you tap into the consumer activity on Instagram to use it to grow your business with advice on:
- Creating a plan: How to use Instagram to for integrated communications to support customer acquisition and retention.
- Instagram setup: Explains what to watch for when setting up or revitalising your account.
- Instagram campaign examples: Packed with examples from well-known brands to smaller businesses showing how Instagram can be used.
- Campaign evaluation: Tools and KPIs to measure Instagram effectiveness.
Who is this guide for?
This guide has been written for marketing executives and managers who work in social media and run, or are considering setting up, an Instagram profile for their business. It has been written for readers of all experience levels, from basic posting instructions to strategic best practices. This guide will also help senior stakeholders in a company’s marketing understand the potential of Instagram and how it can be implemented into a business’ existing social media efforts.
How is this guide structured?
Our guide to smarter Instagram marketing follows the following structure:
- An introduction to marketing with Instagram
- Step 1: Plan – Developing an Instagram strategy
- Step 2: Reach – Growing your audience through Instagram
- Step 3: Act – Encouraging audience interaction with Instagram
- Step 4: Convert – Turning interaction into leads and sales
- Step 5: Engage – Keeping your audience active
- Resources: Links to tools and a jargon guide
- Updated stats about Instagram’s use and position in the social media market.
- Updated example posts from different industries, including fashion, travel, and a startup company.
- New example branded Instagram Stories from National Geographic, ASDA, IGTV.
- New information about Stories adverts, with Waterdrop as a micro case study.
- More detailed information on the different types of influencers you can work with through Instagram.
- Updated examples from branded Instagram profiles throughout the guide, including Vans, adidas, Innocent, Whittard, and Matalan.
About the author
Rhian Harris is a copywriter and blogger helping businesses with content for their marketing collateral. Starting out in the shiny new digital world in 2004, Rhian gained experience in all areas of digital media and e-commerce, working in utilities, travel, charity and retail sectors.
IDM qualified, Rhian is an online marketing all-rounder with a passion for words. She is a regular expert commentator for Smart Insights as well as other expert sites, as well as her own business Sparkly Content and her personal blog, From Tum To Mum.
You can follow Rhian on Twitter and Instagram.