10 digital marketing megatrends 2019
10 actionable marketing megatrends across the five pillars of marketing
No matter what industry you’re in, staying on top of the constantly-evolving marketing landscape is tough. Every year, new technology, applications, and capabilities emerge as marketing megatrends are adopted by businesses’ all over the world. To ensure you’re always aware of the most important marketing practices, we’ve created our free guide to digital marketing megatrends 2019.
This free guide for all members shows how your business can get an edge by reviewing five key types of marketing trends and specific digital marketing techniques that will help your business become more competitive. We’ll take a look at the 10 most significant marketing megatrends for 2019.
Who is the digital marketing megatrends guide for?
Our guide to 2019’s digital marketing megatrends has been written for marketers of all levels, from students up to experienced professionals:
- Marketers who work in established companies will be able to review their current strategies and plans against the emerging best practices from across the marketing landscape. They’ll be able to identify any deficiencies and amends their strategies so that they catch up with how the rest of the marketing world is changing.
- Readers who are part of startups or SMEs will learn the marketing megatrends and make educated decisions about the direction of their growing company. Even if you’re unable to fully adopt technology used by larger companies, this will prevent you from making any mistakes that will have long-term implications.
- Students and junior marketers can use this guide to stay on top of marketing’s newest and biggest developments, meaning they can either keep a well-rounded level of knowledge across all marketing or they can choose to specialize their learning in an emerging area.
How is the digital marketing megatrends guide structured?
The ten trends are structured around the five pillars of marketing that businesses of all types need to action to stay competitive.
The five pillars discussed in our marketing megatrends 2019 guide are:
- Audience – value proposition
- UX, content, and communications
- Optimizing platform best practices
- Managing brand, people, and process
- Marketing technology
- Author: Dr Dave Chaffey
- Guide format: Online interactive article
- Recommended premium member resources:
- Essential marketing models – Marketing megatrends change every year, but the planning models that they can be applied to have stood the test of time and are proven to bring your business success. Read our guide to essential marketing models to learn about the different ways to evaluate your business and align your marketing efforts towards one, unified vision.
- Understanding different types of marketing plan – If you read our guide to digital megatrends in 2019 and are unsure how to move your business towards using new technology or planning models, you may want to familiarize yourself with the different types of marketing plan available. In this free guide, we’ll introduce each plan type to you and explain what aspects of a business it can be used to improve.
About the author
Dr Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-CEO and co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, e-books and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our premium members in more than 80 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.