Digital media options cheatsheet
Review your use of the latest digital and social media options for promoting your business
How will this guide help me and my business?
The sheer number of organic and paid media options and updates makes it difficult to know whether you're missing out on the best targeting options and whether your marketing budget could be better spent.
Our Digital media cheatsheet is aimed at helping Smart Insights members to keep track of the free and paid media options so that they're not missing out on any of the latest developments.
We track all the changes made each week to identify the most important ones that every 'hands-on' marketer needs to be aware of to test the latest approach to improve marketing for their business.
This guide to the digital media features a section for each of the main social networks and Google covering:
- The name of the all the main organic and paid media options for promoting businesses on each of the main social networks and within Google (SEO and Google Ads)
- A summary of its purpose, e.g. what content formats and targeting it offers
- The date it was first launched
- Current rollout to different types of business and countries
- Links to relevant help sections on Facebook, Google, etc to find out more and get started using the feature
Who is this guide for?
The guide is for:
- Anyone who works with social media platforms and wants or needs to keep up to date with the latest platform updates
- Social media managers who are working day to day on social media platforms or on social media strategy, so they know which new features they can use in their social media campaigns
- Marketing managers who want to increase their knowledge of social media options they could include in their marketing plans
The template has separate sections showing the latest updates across all of these vital digital marketing platforms which are popular with consumers and businesses:
- Google: SEO and Google Ads
- Facebook (organic and paid options)
- Twitter (organic and paid options)
- LinkedIn (organic and paid options)
This content has been updated with the most relevant platform updates up to January 2020.
- Author: James Story
- Format: Excel spreadsheet with a row for each significant update to the 7 main digital marketing platforms with links through in Column B to the platforms about the implementation details you need to know – often the navigation of the platforms can make it difficult to find the best description, so we try to help here.
About the author
James Story is Senior Content Manager for Lead Tech, a financial lead generation company providing high-quality leads for financial advisers and financial advice firms. He is a University of Leeds graduate and has spent over five years creating content for online PR, SEO, and digital marketing activities.
Access this resource now
Individual and Business members get full access to this and 8 other guides in the Paid media Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?