Account-based marketing briefing
Not sure if ABM is for you or want to know how to do it better, our ABM guide is your companion
Is this guide for you?
The guide gives members a comprehensive briefing revealing if it's the right approach for you as well as how to create an ABM strategy and implement ABM.
Although ABM is an increasingly popular strategy, that does not mean it’s right for your business. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your B2B product or service best suited to specific type of business within an industry?
- Are your competitors using industry specific marketing and do you need to do something more focused and targeted to gain competitive advantage?
- Is your product or service a commodity with high competition or is it a new concept that people may not necessarily know solves a problem they have?
- Do your sales people focus on key accounts, named accounts or have a specific target list they want to sell to?
- Are sales often rejecting marketing leads based on a bad fit to their ideal company profile?
- Do you need to improve alignment between sales and marketing?
This guide is for you if you answer "yes" to many of the above questions.
The ABM concept has been around for over a decade and arguably being deployed by smart marketers ever since B2B sales teams have focused on target/key accounts. But in recent years, account-based marketing (ABM) has become a hotter topic in B2B marketing since new marketing automation tools and techniques have made it open to smaller businesses.
Much of what is written about ABM is sales copy from marketing automation vendors, so it can be difficult to understand it separately from the technology you use to support implementation. This guide will give you an independent briefing to help you quickly understand the concept, benefits and implementation success factors.
The guide covers:
- What is ABM?
- Making the business case for ABM – is ABM right for my business?
- How to create an ABM strategy
- Six different techniques for implementing ABM
- An in-depth B2B case study
About the author
Adrian O’Gara is a specialist in lead and funnel management — from sales and marketing alignment to process optimisation and automation. As founder and lead consultant at OGaraCo, the lead-to-revenue experts, Adrian helps B2B technology and service providers improve lead quality and velocity to increase marketing sourced revenue and ROI. Find out more at ogaraco.com or connect with Adrian on LinkedIn.