Social media marketing strategy guide
Create a plan to manage social media marketing to support your commercial goals
How will this guide help me and my business?
Today, many companies are using social media tactically by posting updates to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter. But few have a social media strategy which helps them use social media to support their business goals. Social media works best when it's part of an integrated E-communications strategy where Social media works together with Search, Email and Content marketing.
Our social media strategy guide will help you create an integrated social media marketing strategy which shows you how to increase engagement to boost leads and sales using the social networks. Our social media strategy guide shows you:
- Setting goals for ROI and performance from social media marketing
- How to create an integrated social media marketing strategy
- The tools and techniques to start a social listening programme
- Social media governance including reputation management and social media support
- Practical "how-to" advice on getting more from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube"
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for anyone who believes they needs a more strategic approach to social media by better aligning their their social media strategy with their marketing goals. Typical readers include:
- Marketing managers and digital marketing managers
- Social media marketing managers and Execs
How is this guide structured?
Our guide is structured around PR Smith’s SOSTAC® Planning System to help you rapidly create or review a social media strategy in these 7 steps:
- Introduction: What is Social Media Marketing and Social CRM?
- Step 1: Benchmark and set business goals for your social media strategy
- Step 2: Create your social media strategy
- Step 3: Social listening and online reputation management
- Step 4: Define content and engagement strategy
- Step 5: Define communications strategy
- Step 6: Define approaches for the core social media platforms
- Step 7: Social media optimisation (SMO)
- Author: Rhian Harris (was Simms)
- Format: 100+ page PDF download packed with strategy recommendations, tips and examples
- Recommended member resources: Social media audit, Managing Social media marketing and example social media marketing plan.
About the author
Rhian Harris is an online marketing all-rounder and guest blogger for Smart Insights. With over a decade of experience of all digital media and ecommerce from utilities, travel, charity and retail sectors, Rhian is now a digital marketing consultant working with businesses to deliver and optimise their performance on any aspect of their strategy. IDM qualified, Rhian also contributes to the Econsultancy blog and other expert websites as well as her own business, Consult&C Digital. You can connect with Rhian on LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 14 other guides in the Social media marketing Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside