Content marketing strategy
Improve your Content marketing strategy with our hub page..
With the increasing importance of content to commercial success online, content is not something to leave to an intern; it needs a strategy to ensure it really supports marketing.
Primer - Content marketing strategy
This primer gives our recommended free and paid content for content marketing. The content marketing matrix is a powerful tool for defining the best types of content for your audience. Signed-in members can check off the content they have actioned.
The content marketing hub: a blueprint for content marketing
An infographic explaining how inbound marketing works together with content marketing. Read more →
The content marketing matrix [new infographic]
A great tool for Generating ideas of content types to engage Read more →
Content marketing strategy guide - 7 Steps to Success
This guide explains how to create create a content marketing strategy and run content marketing campaigns. Read more →Expert membership required
Managing content marketing guide
Practical techniques and tools for more effective content marketing Read more →Expert membership required
Excel editorial calendar for content marketing
A spreadsheet giving several views to help you plan content marketing programmes. Read more →Expert membership required
Most popular resources
Content marketing strategy quick guide
For us, these are the reasons why content marketing is central to success online. So, to be successful, you need a plan for how content marketing can support your goals. We explain how in our 7 Step Guide to content marketing guide
- Shareable content drives creates awareness for your brand. If your content engages readers they will share it via their social accounts, email or word-of-mouth as a recom- mendation. Everyone is an influencer today!
- Content drives results from SEO. Google has made this important since 1998 when it launched. Content became, and still is, king since websites are content and being found relies on content.
- Content drives purchases. We base our decisions on online content when shopping online or researching for offline purchases.
- Syndicated content drives purchases. Content marketing strategy is much broader than your site though, and includes content on social networks, online publishers, com- parison sites, blogs and many other types of site which help engagement and influence sales.
- User generated content drives purchases. Buyer behaviour has changed, we now want to reference wider opinion from others like us about products and services, whether rat- ing sites, blogs or social networks – buyers dig out content to help their decision making.
- Content on a range of platforms drives purchases. The importance of the internet continues to increase as technology (especially smart phones and tablets) evolve and we evolve with them.
We think the definition from Joe Pulizzi, author of “Get Content, Get Customers” is hard to beat. He defines content marketing as:
“How a brand creates, delivers and governs original or curated content to attract and retain customers, positioning the brand as a credible expert and, ultimately, motivating a change in behaviour”
We define content marketing simply as
“Managing content as an asset to achieve marketing goals of reaching, converting and engaging target audiences“.