These website personalisation tools enable you to segment visitors and then deliver personalised messages within containers as with the classic Amazon personalized recommendations – read their published methodology from this fascinating whitepaper from 2003.
Personalization integrated with web analytics
- Coremetrics Intelligent Offer IBM Coremetrics is widely used by retailers for analytics – and increasingly personalization for cross and up-selling.
- Adobe Test and Target One of the best established personalization engines evolving from the original Touch Clarity back in 2004.
- BT Buckets Lower cost option that integrates with Google Analytics.
Independent personalization engines
- Magiq dynamic personalization software – read our interview about the benefits of Maqiq
- Convert Marketing Optimization Platform
- Ecommerce recommendation engine Currently in Beta – retail personalization
- WP Greet Box Many WordPress blogging users, including me, use this personalisation plug-in to deliver a welcome message to first time users depending on their referrers. It’s amazing this approach isn’t used more on commercial sites.
Personalization of customer service
- eStara from atg eStara Click to Call and Click to Chat engage visitors proactively and selectively offer them the opportunity to contact a live agent from any page on any Web site, whether powered by the ATG platform or not.
E-Commerce Personalization Software as Service (SaaS)
The final category we review here is specifically for E-Commerce merchandising giving automated product placements using aggregated behavioral data (those that viewed this, also viewed that) and personal recommendations (you previously bought this and might like that).
I’m indebted to an anonymous contributor who has recently reviewed and recommended these for a client. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch. He says: “The following offer enterprise level SaaS solutions to deliver increased sales and a better customer experience“.
- Avail Intelligence (http://www.avail.net)
- Rich Relevance (http://www.richrelevance.com)
- ChoiceStream (http://www.choicestream.com)
- Apptus (http://www.apptus.com)
Personalisation features available as part of CMS or Commerce management systems
This category wasn’t mentioned in the original post since personalisation features were limited when the post was originally written in 2010, but I have updated in line with a suggestion in the comments.
According to the comment from Damien of Digicon, both Sitecore and Kentico have built in tools to personalise content based on various rules, such as geo-location, search terms, referrers, lead scores and also provide more advanced personalisation based on user behaviour and profiles.
Magento also has personalisation extensions available in Magento Connect.
Thanks for all the comments sharing options in the post so far, please share others you recommend to build this list.