This report contains useful perspectives from a range of engagement specialists which are useful to review. There are also statistics from over 1,000 client and agency side respondents.
Here are the main results from the research:
- Email newsletters (72%), presence on social networks (48%) and micro-blogging (46%) are the tactics most likely to result in a tangible improvement to companies"€Ÿ online customer engagement.
- Significantly more companies than last year are planning to increase investment in usergenerated content (+13%), on-site branded communities/forums (+9%) and rich on-page interactive experiences (+8%).
- The vast majority of company respondents (73%) are planning to invest in the mobile channel in 2011. This compares to 60% who said they planned mobile investment at the same stage a year ago.
- The vast majority of company respondents (73%) are planning to invest in the mobile channel in 2011. This compares to 60% who said they planned investment at the same stage last year. Less than a fifth (19%) are planning to invest significantly during 2011.
- Companies were asked about the uptake of range of innovative techniques for fostering customer engagement. Anecdotally, providing rewards/points for online behaviour and timelimited activities proved to be the most successful techniques. Some of their benefits include improvement in customer retention and conversion, increase in data capture, traffic and participation.
Recommended link: Download customer engagement report 2011 (no longer available by Issuu).