Create an integrated marketing campaign
Who is it for?
This template is designed for:
- Client side marketers who use it for planning campaigns they run in-house or briefing agencies.
- Agencies and consultants who use it to review their approaches to running campaigns and give to clients for briefing.
It can be used both for the digital parts of campaigns or a more general marketing plan.
How will the planning template help me and my business?
Across the years we have worked with many businesses, large and small, creating campaigns and reviewing their marketing campaign planning. This template brings together all the components needed.
We’ve designed this template to help marketers manage marketing campaigns more effectively – to help get the campaign plan right first time by increasing understanding between the person briefing the campaign and those completing it. The template is intended to help companies:
- 1. Set clearer goals and track them more clearly through analytics
- 2. Define target audiences more clearly
- 3. Develop a clearer message hierarchy
- 4. Review and select the right types of media for your campaign
- 5. Improve campaign integration between digital and non-digital channels
What does the template cover?
The marketing campaign planning template is available in Word format so that you can modify it to best suit your marketing campaigns. There is is one side A4 “Quick brief” summary or if preferred a more detailed brief can be developed
The stages of marketing campaigns and key issues covered are:
1. Campaign goals and tracking. What are we trying to achieve through our campaign and how will we know when we achieve it?
2. Target audience, customer insight and targeting. Who are we trying to reach and influence?
3. Key campaign messages and offers. How are we trying to position our company, products and services? Which campaign or product offers will engage and convert our audience?
4. Campaign media plan and budget. Which media channels will you use to reach and influence your target audience? What will be the sequence and integration of media activities?
5. Campaign asset production. Managing the assets to form the campaign.
6. Campaign execution. What needs to be tested before the campaign is live and adjusted during the campaign?
The template also links to more detailed advice in our other guides on areas like targeting and campaign tracking through analytics.
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates