Create a structured digital marketing plan
- Authors: Dave Chaffey and Dan Bosomworth
- Last updated: April 2014
- Format: 14 page A4 page PDF Ebook with infographics and checklists
- Related resources for Expert members: 7 Steps Digital Marketing strategy guide, digital marketing plan example downloads and RACE Digital Marketing Planning online course.
About our Digital Marketing Planning Template
This template is based on Dan and Dave’s fifteen plus years experience of creating and reviewing digital marketing plans for companies small and large across many sectors.
This template features:
- A simple structure using the acclaimed Smart Insights RACE planning system
- Key strategic issues to manage for each part of RACE are summarised
- A 1 page summary for your digital strategy featuring Opportunity, Strategy and Action
- Created by Dave Chaffey, author of Digital Marketing Planning: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, first published in 2001 and now in its 5th edition and Dan Bosomworth who has worked with many top brands to create digital marketing strategies.
- Includes a PDF summary of PR Smith’s SOSTAC® planning framework
What does the template cover?
The template is structured around our simple RACE planning framework:
- Introduction. How to use this RACE Planning Template
- PLAN. Create a digital marketing strategy
- REACH. Grow your audience online
- ACT. Encourage brand interactions and leads
- CONVERT. Increase sales through optimisation
- ENGAGE. Build customer loyalty and advocacy
- Resources. Tools to help you create and implement your plans
This advice is free to access if you are a Basic-level member
Smart Insights Expert Members also get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates