Create a structured digital marketing plan
- Authors: Dave Chaffey and Dan Bosomworth
- Last updated: April 2014
- Format: 14 page A4 page PDF Ebook with infographics and checklists
- Related resources for Expert members: 7 Steps Digital Marketing strategy guide, digital marketing plan example downloads and RACE Digital Marketing Planning online course.
About our Digital Marketing Planning Template
This template is based on Dan and Dave’s fifteen plus years experience of creating and reviewing digital marketing plans for companies small and large across many sectors.
This template features:
- A simple structure using the acclaimed Smart Insights RACE planning system
- Key strategic issues to manage for each part of RACE are summarised
- A 1 page summary for your digital strategy featuring Opportunity, Strategy and Action
- Created by Dave Chaffey, author of Digital Marketing Planning: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, first published in 2001 and now in its 5th edition and Dan Bosomworth who has worked with many top brands to create digital marketing strategies.
- Includes a PDF summary of PR Smith’s SOSTAC® planning framework
What does the template cover?
The template is structured around our simple RACE planning framework:
- Introduction. How to use this RACE Planning Template
- PLAN. Create a digital marketing strategy
- REACH. Grow your audience online
- ACT. Encourage brand interactions and leads
- CONVERT. Increase sales through optimisation
- ENGAGE. Build customer loyalty and advocacy
- Resources. Tools to help you create and implement your plans
What our members say about the Free digital marketing plan template
Smart Insights expert membership clearly gave me a true structure + valuable know how on digital marketing to build and share with business units across the globe. The cherry on the cake is the access to nice and fresh best practices, guidelines, templates and insights on how to use them. Sharing views with the expert community is very valuable and I would say the annual fee is really low compared to most copy/paste websites with no thinking or expertise behind. Thank you ! Review on LinkedIn by Expert member
Cristophe Ferrasse, Global eBusiness Leader at Royal Canin SAS, a division of MARS Inc.
Smart Insights via both its website resource & social media network provides me with invaluable access to all the information I ever seem to need to research my job in digital marketing. Basic membership offers an excellent introduction to current thinking (and supported me on my IDM Professional Diploma), but it is in the Expert membership where I have found added depth and insight. If you work in digital marketing full-time, for the nominal annual fee, I’d recommend Expert membership
Review on LinkedIn by Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager, Unipart Automotive
Smart Insights is one of the best digital ‘tools’ on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
This advice is free to access if you are a Basic-level member
Smart Insights Expert Members also get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates