Create an online marketing campaign budget to calculate your ROI
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Format: Excel 2003 template (.xls works in new and old versions of Excel)
About the Excel spreadsheet
This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet has been created by Dave Chaffey of Smart Insights to help you improve leads and sales. The spreadsheet will allow you to optimise your investment in search engine marketing, display advertising, affiliate marketing and online PR to maximise leads, sales and profit.
These spreadsheets are included on the CD in Web Analytics 2.0 by Avinash Kaushik, Google’s Web Evangelist.
This spreadsheet features:
What does the template include?
The template includes these features:
- Set your overall budget and adjust the % investment in different media channels
- Channel options available include SEO, Adwords, Ad networks (Cost-per-click), Display (CPM), Sponsorship, Email marketing and owned media
- Automatically calculates response, leads, sales and profit based on media investment
- Allows you to specify different different response rates
- A simpler, single traffic source conversion model of the spreadsheet is available as part of Expert membership
What our members say about the Free digital marketing planning spreadsheet
I first came across your work when studying for Diploma in Digital Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing, here in Australia. We referred to your Digital Marketing book extensively and I have since become a Smart Insights Expert member. Love the material that you guys publish. Presentation of documents and attention to detail is awesome!
Neil Armstrong, Consultant
We are at the early stages of our digital marketing journey, Smart Insights templates and tutorials help us check and learn as we go.
Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager
Smart Insights is one of the best digital ‘tools’ on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
This advice is free to access if you are a Basic-level member
Smart Insights Expert Members also get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates