Review SEO and Adwords performance together
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Format: Excel 2003 (.xls) template for use in later versions
About our SEM Gap Analysis Spreadsheet
Often paid and natural search are managed separately, but they are most powerful when managed together. This spreadsheet enables you to rapidly import data exported from Google Analytics to compare paid and natural search together. Use it to work with an agency to identify keyphrases to prioritise to maximise traffic.
We’ve used this on many search consultancy projects in financial services, retail and travel sectors and it’s a great way to review where you’re search is broken and needs improving.
This template gives you
- A master worksheet comparing your performance for paid and natural keyphrases side-by-side
- A separate worksheet for Google Adwords Keyword tool data to enable you to compare paid and natural search together
- Separate worksheets for paid and natural search performance
- Home page outlining how to use the spreadsheet.
What does the template include?
The template includes these features:
- Designed to compare paid and natural search performance
- Uses the standard export format from Google Analytics
- Colour-coding of poor performance highlights where action needed
- Can be used just to review and improve SEO
Note that you have to remember that the “not-provided” keywords reported in Analytics will mean that your natural search gap will appear larger than that for
What our members say about the Search marketing gap analysis spreadsheet
Smart Insights has helped us take the right decision on a variety of occasions and we actively use its content to justify our marketing initiatives and spend.
Joao da Costa, Marketing Officer at Southbank International School
We are at the early stages of our digital marketing journey, Smart Insights templates and tutorials help us check and learn as we go.
Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager
Smart Insights is one of the best digital 'tools' on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates