Managing Customer Data to Improve Marketing ROI
Improve marketing data management to compete through insight
How will the guide help me and my business?
Data is a vital element in any marketing initiative and the ability to access, understand, trust and utilise the information contained within your many data stores is an essential requirement for any business. Learning about applying Big Data and improving CRM effectiveness were both mentioned by members as areas they would like to improve their knowledge, so we turned to customer data management specialist Jim Roberts to share his approaches for reviewing and improving marketing based on data analysis. In this guide, Jim will explain the key aspects of understanding your data and improving how it is managed and used via a step-by-step plan which can be used in its entirety, or as individual delivery points to complement your own Data Management activity. The process described will enable you to map your data sources against business needs to improve the quality and usage of customer insight. A data quality audit spreadsheet is included within the guide to help you review where you need to improve your data management.
What does the data management guide cover?
This guide gives a practical structure to help you review and improve how data is managed in your organisation. The Steps covered are:
- Introduction to data management and data governance and the audit spreadsheet
- 1. Discover your data sources
- 2. Understand data value
- 3. Increasing data quality including the relevance of Big Data
- 4. Data security
- 5. Data policy
- 6. Communicate the value of data
- 7. Plan the delivery of data management and governance.
- Author: Jim Roberts of Blackler Roberts
- Format: 12,000 word, 44 page A4 page PDF Ebook with illustrations and checklists plus Excel data quality audit spreadsheet