Example marketing plans (SOSTAC®)
Easy to follow marketing plan examples based around PR Smith's SOSTAC® framework
How will these examples help me and my business?
In our digital marketing toolkit we created a series of short templates in Powerpoint and Word to help create and communicate digital marketing plans. This is one of our most used series of templates, but some, especially agencies and consultants working with small and medium businesses asked us for even shorter summaries AND an example. So we have produced a one-page summary so everything is one page and a separate example of a fictitious company.
Who is the template for?
We’ve designed these example marketing plans to be as flexible as possible, so it can be applied for different types of businesses and roles including:
- Company directors and marketing managers
- Digital marketing managers
- Agencies and consultants
How are these example plans structured?
These example plans are based around PR Smith’s SOSTAC® framework relating to the areas of Smart Insights RACE planning. There are two samples both available for members to amend for their own organisation or their clients:
1. A long example plan in Microsoft Word for a B2B company : TechChester is a software design and IT support business which uses the same structure as that recommended in the 7 Steps to creating a business marketing plan.
2. A short example plan in Microsoft Word for a B2C company: Perfect Lawn where their main communications and distribution are via their website. The Word document contains one blank plan in landscape format and one example plan.
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Format: Word documents for you to modify for plans for your organisation or your clients
- Related guides: PR Smith’s guide to Creating the Perfect Digital Plan using SOSTAC(R). Accompanies the 7 Steps to Create a marketing business plan. See also our longer RACE Digital Marketing Plan example (A more detailed example, also to amend in Word).
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 6 other guides in the Marketing Strategy and Planning Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside