Learn practical techniques and tools for more effective content marketing
How will this content marketing guide help me?
This guide will help you plan and manage your content marketing. Using this guide will show you a wide range of processes and tools to help shape your content marketing strategy. The sections of the guide are focused on practical approaches and tools which are tried and tested processes to assist content marketing.
As with other Smart Insights guides, it will act as a checklist, with each section including it own mini checklists, tips and useful tools to help you avoid common pitfalls and ultimately execute a content marketing plan that helps grow an audience who are encouraged to convert.
It’s based around managing practical content marketing activities that ever business and agency needs to perform:
- Perform a content audit
- Select target keywords
- Create editorial style guidelines
- Produce an editorial plan
- Manage workflow for outreach
James shows how to manage these activities using Excel spreadsheets to help improve your workflow.
What does this content marketing guide include?
These are the 7 core techniques covered in this content marketing guide
- 1. Audience Research – methods to find out more about your current audience, and your potential audience.
- 2. Establishing Content Standards – getting stakeholders to agree on a set brand essence, message architecture and the creation of an editorial style guide.
- 3. Content Auditing – using SEO auditing techniques, methods to make your qualitative and quantitive audits
- 4. Establishing Information Architecture – building consistent categories and tags to help shape your content.
- 5. Defining an Editorial Plan – structuring what kind of content you aim to publish, and who will do that.
- 6. Executing an Editorial Plan – how to regularly review your content marketing and effective tools for planning in the short-term.
- 7. Managing Outreach – how to get your content to meet the right influencers and be shared.
What our members say about the Managing content marketing guide
Smart Insights has helped us take the right decision on a variety of occasions and we actively use its content to justify our marketing initiatives and spend.
Joao da Costa, Marketing Officer at Southbank International School
We are at the early stages of our digital marketing journey, Smart Insights templates and tutorials help us check and learn as we go.
Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager
Smart Insights is one of the best digital ‘tools’ on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates