Create a proper plan with our strategy templates
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Last updated: March 2013 New business model and example e-marketing plan added
- Format: Available as unbranded Word and Powerpoint format for you to amend
How will these strategy templates help me?
These templates are designed for marketing managers and consultants to review current use of digital and other channels, select the best strategic options and create a Roadmap.
Use these templates in strategy workshops for your company or your clients to review strategies for different markets and channels and discuss the best options.
These templates help you:
- Apply tried and tested templates to evaluate your business or clients
- Create a holistic plan based on the RACE framework
- Cover all aspects of engaging customers through digital marketing
- Develop a longer term roadmap or plan
What does the template include?
The strategy toolkit include these planning tools:
- 1. Digital channel SWOT in TOWS format
- 2. Brand audit for aligning with digital strategy (new March 2013)
- 3. RACE-based KPI setting framework to enable you to select the
measures that matter
- 4. Strategy formulation and prioritisation matrix
- 5. Strategic initiative roadmap
- 6. Strategy initiative summary aligning goals with strategies
- 7. Digital marketing strategy/planning template
- 8. Website quick wins review template (updated March 2013)
- 9. SOSTAC® and PRACE planning checklist (new May 2012)
- 10. 90 day time-box web project management template
- 11. Example Emarketing plan one page summary in SOSTAC® format (new October 2012)
- 12. Business model summary template for startups or review of existing business model (new October 2012)
Related recommended Expert member resources
What our members say about the Digital marketing strategy toolkit
Smart Insights expert membership clearly gave me a true structure + valuable know how on digital marketing to build and share with business units across the globe. The cherry on the cake is the access to nice and fresh best practices, guidelines, templates and insights on how to use them. Sharing views with the expert community is very valuable and I would say the annual fee is really low compared to most copy/paste websites with no thinking or expertise behind. Thank you ! Review on LinkedIn by Expert member
Cristophe Ferrasse, Global eBusiness Leader at Royal Canin SAS, a division of MARS Inc.
Smart Insights via both its website resource & social media network provides me with invaluable access to all the information I ever seem to need to research my job in digital marketing. Basic membership offers an excellent introduction to current thinking (and supported me on my IDM Professional Diploma), but it is in the Expert membership where I have found added depth and insight. If you work in digital marketing full-time, for the nominal annual fee, I'd recommend Expert membership
Review on LinkedIn by Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager, Unipart Automotive
Smart Insights is one of the best digital 'tools' on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates