Create a proper plan with our strategy templates
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Last updated: March 2013 New business model and example e-marketing plan added
- Format: Available as unbranded Word and Powerpoint format for you to amend
How will these strategy templates help me?
These templates are designed for marketing managers and consultants to review current use of digital and other channels, select the best strategic options and create a Roadmap.
Use these templates in strategy workshops for your company or your clients to review strategies for different markets and channels and discuss the best options.
These templates help you:
- Apply tried and tested templates to evaluate your business or clients
- Create a holistic plan based on the RACE framework
- Cover all aspects of engaging customers through digital marketing
- Develop a longer term roadmap or plan
What does the template include?
The strategy toolkit includes these Word and Powerpoint templates you can modify to create your own plan:
- 1. Digital channel SWOT in TOWS format
- 2. Brand audit for aligning with digital strategy
- 3. RACE-based KPI setting framework to enable you to select the
measures that matter
- 4. Strategy formulation and prioritisation matrix
- 5. Strategic initiative roadmap
- 6. Strategy initiative summary aligning goals with strategies
- 7. Digital marketing strategy/planning template
- 8. Website quick wins review template
- 9. SOSTAC® and PRACE planning checklist
- 10. 90 day time-box web project management template
- 11. Example Emarketing plan one page summary in SOSTAC® format
- 12. Business model summary template for startups or review of existing business model
Other recommended Expert member resources
- RACE Digital Marketing Qualification – the first unit in this online training course gives a video introduction to the RACE planning process.
- Digital marketing health check – useful to assess current digital capabilities.
- 7 Steps to creating a digital marketing strategy – an in-depth ebook to support the whole process.
What our members say about the Digital marketing strategy toolkit
Smart Insights expert membership clearly gave me a true structure + valuable know how on digital marketing to build and share with business units across the globe. The cherry on the cake is the access to nice and fresh best practices, guidelines, templates and insights on how to use them. Sharing views with the expert community is very valuable and I would say the annual fee is really low compared to most copy/paste websites with no thinking or expertise behind. Thank you ! Review on LinkedIn by Expert member
Cristophe Ferrasse, Global eBusiness Leader at Royal Canin SAS, a division of MARS Inc.
Smart Insights via both its website resource & social media network provides me with invaluable access to all the information I ever seem to need to research my job in digital marketing. Basic membership offers an excellent introduction to current thinking (and supported me on my IDM Professional Diploma), but it is in the Expert membership where I have found added depth and insight. If you work in digital marketing full-time, for the nominal annual fee, I’d recommend Expert membership
Review on LinkedIn by Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager, Unipart Automotive
Thanks to Smart Insights for making me a better marketer who is more focused on the right things. Smart Insights was the change I needed and through the resources, it is helping me to build a stronger more successful business.
Nadine Carr, Chief Marketing Officer, Kapelle Media, Toronto, Ontario
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates