Client discovery checklist
Learn a process and insights sources to deliver better proposals
About this guide
This guide will help you create or review your process for learning about customer needs. It will then let you identify the right questions to ask to deliver a better solution and thus improve proposal win rates by proposing more relevant solutions.
- Goals and objectives
- The Market
- Website data
- Content audit
- Customer audit
- Influencers in the market
- Specific media and link audits
- Additional research
How will the planning template help me and my business?
Discovery involves learning insights about agency customer needs, their strategic indicatives, their goals, and their outcomes. Discovery projects are what allows you to tailor what you propose to your client’s needs during the pitch process or when starting on new marketing campaigns or web design and build projects.
This template is aimed mainly at members of Smart Insights who work for marketing agencies or are consultants.
This template will help you:
- Create or review your process for learning about customer needs
- Identify the right questions to ask to deliver a better solution
- Improve proposal win rates by proposing more relevant solutions
- Discover new insight sources
What does the client discovery checklist cover?
This Excel checklist will help you through :
- Identification of 9 key areas of insights for discovery
- Prompts to ask the right questions of clients
- Links to recommended insights sources
About the author
Excel templates for you to amend for your business
Related Resource: Brand and marketplace audit (Word) and complete marketing agency toolkit of which this is part