Creating a marketing action plan for a recession guide
45 ways to help maintain leads and sales during a market downturn
How will this resource help me and my business?
Recessions inevitably lead to changes in consumer spending and demand for products and services, so plans need to be rapidly re-evaluated so businesses can stay competitive and build a solid platform for the future after the recession.
With reduced demand, it becomes vital to rapidly think through new alternative approaches to prioritize those with the biggest potential. That’s where this guide will help, since it presents a checklist of ideas to review alongside examples and tools.
This guide will help you by providing:
- Different ideas to improve communications to support lead generation and sale
- A range of ideas from fundamental changes in branding, proposition targeting and pricing through to practical ideas to improve digital interactions with consumers through the customer journey
- Recommendations on how to plan and prioritize these ideas
- A data-driven approach to identify weaknesses and opportunities that can be tested
Who is this guide for?
The guide is aimed at supporting decisions and planning by:
- Marketing leaders responsible for brands, products and services
- Marketing and digital marketing managers reviewing opportunities
- Marketing execs looking to increase their knowledge of techniques for improving lead generation and conversion
How is this guide structured?
This is structured using the acclaimed RACE planning system with at least 10 ideas in each section covering:
- Plan - defining your marketing strategy and action plans
- Reach - growing awareness and demand
- Act - generating leads using content and the right customer journeys
- Convert - increasing both online and offline conversion to sale
- Engage - improve loyalty through customer communications
- Author: Dave Chaffey
- Last updated: March 2020
- Format: Long-form page structured by RACE
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder and content director of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, ebooks, and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources are used by our premium members in more than 120 countries to plan, manage and optimize their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation, and Practice. In 2004 he was recognized by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.