Affiliate marketing strategy guide
Learn how to manage affiliate programmes
How will this Affiliate Marketing guide help me?
This guide, by affiliate marketing specialist Graham Jenner with an update by Luca Tagliaferro, explains the opportunities of affiliate marketing. It is aimed at owners or managers of E-commerce sites who are considering setting up an affiliate programme or looking to review their current programme.
Our guide explains:
- How affiliate marketing can be used to expand your reach
- The different types of affiliates and how to manage them
- How to grow affiliate sales by recruiting the right type of new affiliates
- How to set commission and define programme terms and conditions for getting the best results
In addition to the main guide (which you can access from the toolkit page) we have produced an associated affiliate marketing profit and loss template which you can access by clicking here.
About the authors
This guide was originally produced by Graham Jenner, it was updated in 2017 by Luca Tagliaferro.
Luca Tagliaferro is a Senior Web Analyst at the Portsmouth City Council. Formally qualified with MA in digital Marketing from a UK leading University, he regularly writes for leading publications and manages his two blogs: www.lucatag.com and www.travelshouse.com
Graham Jenner is Head of Partnerships at TopCashback. Graham manages TopCashback’s Partnerships department, the team that helps to understand and achieve client’s objectives. His role involves developing relationships with key merchants and networks and consulting on strategy. Graham has been involved in the campaigns that have won the ‘Advertiser Innovation’ award for the past two years at the Performance Marketing Awards. Prior to joining TopCashBack Graham worked at Digital Window looking after key brands such as T-Mobile and Game.
What does the guide include?
The guide features these 7 Steps to help you create or review your affiliate programme:
- Step 1: Starting an affiliate programme
- Step 2: Setting affiliate programme objectives and KPIs
- Step 3: Recruiting affiliates
- Step 4: Auditing and Compliance
- Step 5: Growing the programme
- Step 6: Communication and relationship building
- Step 7: Review new opportunities and advanced approaches
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 17 other guides in the Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside