An example of the learning on Ecommerce available from #EcomChat
Value:Even if you can’t always make the chat, I really recommend the summaries if you work in Ecommerce as a consultant, in an agency or for a retailer.
Recommended link: #EcomChat
It’s a great format for stimulating ideas on different ways to approach Ecommerce, often touching on different areas of Ecommerce Merchandising. You can see the type of learning you get on the summaries by Dan and James on the #EcomChat homepage.
55 Email tips for Ecommerce
As an example of the insight available, I enjoyed scanning these Email marketing tips summarised in a PDF. Here are some examples of the tips that stood out for me – many of the most common mistakes = missed opportunities were covered:
5. ”Clever use of segmentation is the key thing for me. Avoid asking too many q’s for signup but use whatever data you have”.
24. “Do anything <580px with a different layout. And make it responsive not adaptive“
26. “Consider writing some meaningful How to Guides/Buying Guides instead of just pushing some % off products again“
30. “Personally I’ve found the best emails simply help solve their problem(s) rather than offer any meaningful £££ off”
37. Repeat purchase nudge emails e.g. you bought this 6 months ago, time for a refill…
54. Test a sample first before sending, analyse, tune, repeat until ready to send in bulk!
Just a sample, to spark ideas, next week the topic is Ecommerce platforms.